Everyone loves Florida in the winter. Its why Florida’s population and traffic increase so drastically come “Season” (mid-October through mid-April). What we here in the sunshine state consider “finally cooling off” most out of state visitors still feel as summer weather. Mid 80’s, sunny, breezy, reduced humidity – let’s face it. We live in paradise.
If you have moved here on a year round basis and you are not a snowbird (part time seasonal resident) there are some definite benefits.
- You no longer need heavy winter sweaters, jackets or coats – the need for closet space decreases immensely.
- Your car will never freeze shut again, nor will you ever have to shovel your driveway and you don’t need to change out your tires for snow tires.
- You don’t have to deal with chapped lips and dry winter skin.
- Outdoor plans rarely impeded here in Florida due to weather (unless we have a hurricane)
- Drinking hot beverages becomes a preference not a necessity in an attempt to thaw yourself out.
- When traveling out of state, be it business or pleasure, it is always nice to return home to the swaying palm trees and blue ocean water. Living in vacation land makes ending an actual vacation far less abrupt.
- Sunshine on your skin for just 15 minutes a day allows your body to create Vitamin D, boosting your immune system and your overall mood.
- Fresh fruit is available locally all year long and sea food doesn’t have to travel to get to your dinner table.
- The beach is there to enjoy every month of the year as well, though you will likely reveal yourself as a new transplant if you do choose to go for a dip in the ocean in January while the rest of us huddle around a fire wearing hoodies on the beach.
The first couple of summers you spend in Florida may feel extra hot.
With daily temperatures in the upper 90’s with high humidity it tends to take people some time to adapt. It’s made easier by the fact that everything down here is air conditioned. Stores, offices, homes, cars – you move from one to the other pretty quickly and unless you so choose, don’t really have to spend that much time out in the heat. We will say though, that once you have been through a few summers, your body temperature seems to regulate. You no longer feel as hot and actually are able to enjoy the beaches and sunshine in the summer months. Along with that comes the added bonus that all of the seasonal visitors have returned home. The roads clear, the once crowded reservation only restaurants are now open and airy and you are easily sat at all times of the day, there are no lines at the grocery store and the welcoming sandy beaches can be nearly empty at times leaving you feeling like you have your own private oasis.
South West Florida is a wonderful place to live. The hustle and bustle of many northern cities doesn’t come into play here. The attitude and atmosphere is friendly and laid back. If you are just joining us, or thinking of joining us – We welcome you.
We know that relocating is a huge undertaking. If you do decide on the Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Bonita, Estero or Sanibel Island areas give SageRealtor a call at 1-239-896-8549or visit our website www.sagerealtor.com to search current listings. We look forward to working with you!