Why People Choose Southwest Florida Property
Southwest Florida boasts beautiful beaches, endless boating, world-class fishing, golf galore, parks, arts and entertainment, and so much more.
If you’ve dreamed of a sunny climate year ’round, a boat in your backyard, uncrowded beaches, and friendly people to boot, you’ve found it here in Southwest Florida.
Our centralized location is one of the key reasons people choose this area. We are on the intercoastal waterway and enjoy the calm aqua-blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
Typical boating excursions range from a quick trip around Sanibel or Fort Myers, north to Sarasota and St. Pete Beach, south to Naples and the Keys, or east to the Bahamas. (Sometimes called “Disneyland for boaters.”) And of course, our area is well-known for some of the best golfing and fishing you can find.
Naples is known for its golfing and designer shops. Cape Coral is one-of-a-kind with its 400 miles of canals about half of which lead to the Gulf of Mexico. Punta Gorda on Charlotte Harbor has sweeping views, a historic downtown and miles of canals. And Fort Myers Beach is a destination for all ages, tourists and locals alike.
While there is much to do here in Southwest Florida, we are also 2 hours by land to other major Florida destinations, whether nightlife in Miami or family fun at DisneyWorld and Busch Gardens in Orlando.
If you are just learning about Southwest Florida, here are some quick links to pages on our site that will help you get acquainted with our slice of paradise:
- Area Attractions
- Why Southwest Florida?
- Southwest Florida Waterfront Property Types
- Community Links
- Community Shortcuts
Top Reasons to Choose Southwest Florida
- White sandy beaches
- Comfortable year round weather
- Friendly people (honestly, we hear all the time from visitors how friendly folks are here)
- Variety of atmospheres, from Jimmy Buffet casual to Donald Trump elegance
- Affordable waterfront and golf homes and condos
- Scenery, wildlife, nature
- Dolphin watching
- Bird watching: Pelicans, Egrets, Eagles, and more
- Palm tree lined streets and parks
- Lush lanscaping and fruit trees
- Beautiful homes and ciities
- Fresh from the boat seafood and fish
- Boating, sail or power, kayak or pontoon in calm, aqua-blue, waters
- Fishing (Tarpon capital of the world, snook, and more)
- Active Golf and tennis communities and leagues
- Art galleries and performing arts
- Dining and entertainment variety
- Outdoor concerts and fairs all year
- Low crime rate
- Uncongested (especially when compared to Florida’s east coast)
- Convenient location to explore Florida
- No state income tax
- Minnesota Twins and Boston Red Sox Spring Training